Solar electric systems are also commonly referred to as ‘solar photovoltaic’ or ‘solar PV’. This energy is most familiar to us as it is used to power calculators, road signs, toys and phone chargers. Taking light from the sun, it uses it to run the appliance. Solar panels for electricity work on the same principle, just on a larger scale.
Although more electricity is produced during the summertime, they will provide energy during overcast days too. Once the solar systems are installed, they can last up to 40 years.
- Photovoltaic solar systems use cells which consist of either one or two layers of semiconducting material which is used to convert solar radiation into electricity. The semi-conducting material is generally silicon.
- The light shines on the cell creating an electric field across the layers meaning electrons are generated to form electricity.
- Each cell only creates a tiny bit of electricity, but connected together to form panels, which are linked together to form a system, they create useful amounts
- Panels are mounted on the roof or on a frame
- An inverter converts the direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC – or mains equivalent) electricity for which you can then use to run appliances.
Solar panel installation
At Centric Energy we are able to provide clients with solar panel installation across Warrington and UK wide. Our free initial survey will outline your options and cost for the installation of the solar panels. We can provide you with as much information as you need so you can make your own decision.
Solar panels will save you money in the long run as they produce their own energy, helping to reduce your electricity bill dramatically. They are energy efficient, reliable and a great investment.
If you would like to know more or discuss our solar panel installation options please get in touch with us today.